Drew Abela was your average Maltese 20-year old. Yet he managed to save not just one life, but seven, when his organs were donated after he passed away due to a brain hemorrhage a few years ago.
Since then his parents, in collaboration with the Transplant Support Group, have set up the ‘Life after Drew’ Campaign which is meant to encourage more people to sign up to the National Organ and Human Tissues Register.
While most people do wish to register as organ donors, many still haven’t had the opportunity to do so. Keeping this in mind, the University of Malta, in collaboration with KSU and the University Chaplaincy have decided to organise the Organ Donation Awareness Event. It will be held during the 12:30 mass at the University Chaplaincy today.
For a chance to become a superhero and live on in others, follow these instructions:
- Log in using your e-ID on https://organdonation.gov.mt/
- Download this form https://organdonation.gov.mt/Content/Documents/organ%20donor%20english%20leaflets.pdf. And bring it to the University Chaplaincy today.
- Come to the University Chaplaincy and register there today.
The Yuppie supports the Life After Drew Campaign and encourages people to sign up to this noble cause.
Latest posts by Daniela Chatlani (see all)
- How to save a life - April 12, 2019
- ‘Abortion is already here, but only for the rich’ – Francesca Fenech Conti at JEF Talks - April 6, 2019
- Breaking – Kris Bajada withdraws KSU candidacy - April 3, 2019